This a brief list on skills are needed to have high emotional intelligence
- Self-awareness: knowing one’s strengths, weakness, drivers, values, and impact on others
- Self-regulation: controlling or redirecting disruptive impulses and moods
- Motivation: being driven to ahieve for the sake of achievement. A passion to work for reasons that go beyond money or status.
- Empathy: understanding other people’s emotional breakup. Considering others’ feelings, especially when making decisions.
- Social skill: building rapport with others to move them in desired directions (persuasiveness).
What distinguishes great leaders from good ones? EI. I’m planning to learn more about this topic.